Monday, January 2, 2012

My continuing love affair with Beadwork Feb/March 2010

During the fall I made three bracelets from the Beadwork Feb/March 2010 issue.  My first was this piece by Lynn Davy , the next was this Carole Ohl Kaleidescope Quilt Cuff, and the third is a yet to be photographed brick stitch cuff by Rachel Nelson-Smith.

little peyote triangles
From these triangles I went on to the peyote squares in another Carole Ohl design, Camelot Cross.
the first colorway...
...and the second
I've got to give this a try using some stones instead of crystals.  I love making the super sparklies, but I really don't wear them as much as pieces made with more down to Earth materials.


4 comments:

  1. I love the right angle weave bracelet. It caught my eye right away. They are beautiful! I will have to look through my stash to see if I have that one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bracelets are lovely.

    I have a ton of crytals, and I love them. Nonetheless, I am moving toward stone alternatives. They are more versatile.

    ReplyDelete