Friday, November 2, 2018


A sweater and a pair of mittens kept me bust during October.  I am still working on Boyland Knitworks' Sipila Sweater.  I have made more progress and am now almost done with the yoke.  I am also finishing the Till Death mitten mystery knit-along.

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Fascism 101

This morning I posted on Facebook after I spent about 45 seconds hunting for an article that touches on each point made by this sign. They are listed below in the comments. I could have made better choices to illustrate the points, but I will leave it up the my friends to add what they think are more salient examples.  My Facebook list is here .

2) US quits'biased' UN human rights council BBC World News 

**Today after I posted this, FLOTUS actually put on a jacket that perfectly summarized the current administration's position on human rights.  I thought it was something from the Onion, but truth continue to be stranger than fiction when the sitting president et al are involved.

Melania dons jacket reading, "I really don't care.  Do U? CNN

3) The definitive rankings of Donald Trump's nicknames for his political enemies By Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

4) Trump’s military parade gets support from House Republicans by Shane Leo III, Military Times


6) Department Of Homeland Security Compiling Database OfJournalists And 'Media Influencers' By Michelle Fabio, Forbes 

7) Trump Orders Establishment of Space Force as Sixth MilitaryBranch By Katie Rogers, New York Times

8) Jeff Sessions used religion to justify family separation —his own church called him out By Maham Ahedi, Global News

9) Trump's Corporate Cabinet Corporate Presidency, Public Citizen

10) Trump signs executive orders aimed at loosening clout offederal labor unions By Gregory Korte, USA Today

11) Trump’s Budget Again Proposes Elimination of Public TV, ArtsFunding By Ted Johnson, Variety

12) The Trump Administration’s Death Penalty Daydream: The president has called for capital punishmentof drug dealers. Attorney General Jeff Sessions is trying to make that happen. By Matt Ford, The New Republic




--> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> -->

Sunday, January 28, 2018

I'm Teaching Again at the Fuzzy Goat

     Come join me February 10th, from 3-5 PM at the Fuzzy Goat in Thomasville and make the softest hat you can imagine.  I am teaching a class on the Colvin hat which is made holding a strand of worsted together with a strand of lace weight mohair.

The Colvin Hat

     This pattern is free on Ravelry.  And no, my head is actually a normal shape...I was so excited to finish the hat that I took photos before any blocking.  The yarns I used are listed here in my Ravelry page where I am LilyDixon.

Monday, November 21, 2016

Lily & Dixon

Dixon & Lily on Dixon's Gotcha Day

Sleeping on the couch like book ends

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Learning to knit

I have made a few simple projects.  Lily got a snood for those days when her ears need to be warm. 

So far it has only gotten into the high 60Fs at night with temperatures in the low 90Fs during the day.  She won't need to wear this outside for a little while, but many of the visitors to our house know that with the AC running, she might like it in the house!

Lily was toasty warn and fell asleep.

Done in garter stitch and sewn together.